Thursday, May 31, 2012

Gardening~Green, White & Galvanized

Awhile back, I mentioned that I wanted to implement some greener things in our backyard this year. My plan was to have a raised bed garden for lots of veggies and cutting flowers. I've had this garden in the 'way back' of our property in years past, but the lack of accessible water and deer, left me with minimal harvest. This year, the plan was to install a garden closer to the house, the 'kitchen garden'. Well, if you know me and my husband at all, you'll know that we always have multiple home improvement projects going (yes, I know, this is an illness and it drives me crazy), therefor, I/we did not get to putting in the raised beds, but I HAD ordered organic seeds and wanted to get them in the ground. Here's what I came up with...

A pyramid set of stacked galvanized buckets. It's my own little roof top garden (in the country, ha!) If my plants grow well in this, it may be something I do every year. It's easy to maintain, away from deer, and creates a bit of privacy for the deck. I'll keep you posted.


I also planted a bunch of other galvanized containers with white and green plants, including an herb garden.

Even my dog, Kona, is color coordinated!

I love the simplicity of it all. Can't wait to see them when everything has grown in and starts cascading over the edges. What do you think?

Enjoy!
~Kris

3 comments:

  1. Kris,
    I Love this idea.I have ground squirrels.And as much as I would LOVE to have a garden bed I am not sure that I can.But I think I could do a container garden.Love your galvanized buckets.
    ((((Hugs))))
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a great idea!! we have had so many problems with deer, bunnies, groundhogs..you name it we got it...my husband put a high fence around the garden..last yr it worked!
    happy harvesting!!
    I am your newest follower..pls follow back if you can.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI ~~~ nice idea ~~~ I also like finding things no one else wants ~ It is fun to see what one can create with the old.

    Michele
    Pearl 13.1

    ReplyDelete

Drop me a line, I'd love to hear what you have to say!