Friday, April 11, 2014

The R.E.A.L Town Marketplace Part 2

As I move forward with my newest venture, The R.E.A.L. Town Marketplace,
I want to thank everyone for the encouraging words!
 Let me introduce you to my newest local vendor,
Megan Carty of Me and Wee.
meandwee_denisecarty_2
This woman has so much positivity and fun oozing from her, that it totally comes out in her artwork. She's balancing being a wife, a mother of two young children and an artist.
 I've started carrying a selection of her cards at The Spaulding Cooperage,
 but check out her Etsy sight here to see her total line of prints and cards. Megan also has a blog, follow her here. Here are a few samples of the cards that I'm carrying...
Happy Easter Card, Easter Card, bunny card, abstract bunny painting, new baby card, blank
This is the perfect Spring/Easter card, wouldn't you agree? Megan's technique was to paint a gorgeous abstract painting and then impose a bunny silhouette over it. The painting/print is gorgeous by itself, but adding the silhouette (which she also did with a deer and and elephant, see them here) was just mind-blowing perfection! Do you think I like this card a 'wee' bit?? Oh, yeah!
Owl art, woodland art, nursery art print, 8x10 print, tawny owl, robins egg blue
This owl and vintage phone is just one in a collection of 3. See the others on her Etsy site.

Thinking of you card, spring card, hunter boots, gardening card, rain boots, wellies, notecard   New Baby card, Baby shower card, Baby on the way, stork carrying baby card, baby greeting card, congratulations on baby  Thinking of you card, spring card, new england, lilacs, farmhouse, historic house
(all pictures via Megan's Etsy site)
I decided to show them off at the shop using a vintage apple cider press and I attached vintage artists clips to display the cards.
 And I put the remainder into an old vintage dish strainer.
Stop by the shop and see them for yourself!
~Kris

1 comment:

  1. Everything looks great! Thanks so much for the feature!!! I love how you chose to display the cards...so unique and interesting! It becomes art!

    ReplyDelete

Drop me a line, I'd love to hear what you have to say!