Wednesday, June 20, 2012

A Simple Anniversary

Yesterday was my Anniversary, and I was craving just something simple, just the two of us, no kids, no phones, no other people. Believe me, I am more than happy to be taken out to dinner or going out on the town, but this year I wanted to keep it low key. What to do? Hmmm? As I stare out the kitchen window thinking...I spot our son's tree house. Perfect!

I brought up fluffy down pillows, comfy throws, candles, wine, flowers from the garden, and the portable radio.
I thought about taking down all of my son's pennants, and hanging a sparkly crystal chandelier, but I know I only had the space 'rented' for about 2 hours.
It's not mine (yet!)
Even the food was simple, pizza and red wine!
We both agreed that this was one of our most memorable anniversary celebrations ever. It really is all about the simple things...but next year (our 20th!) is going to have to be BIG! (I'm thinking France!) Whaaaat??? I saved a ton of money keeping it simple this year! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line, I'd love to hear what you have to say!