Sunday, May 13, 2012

Extreme Makeover ~ Cottage Edition!

This is my Mom's Beach Cottage. Built in 1953, she bought it in 1991 and did most of the work in the 'before' pictures. The 'after' pictures is how it looks after this very long, but very rewarding weekend. She is looking so cute now! I hope you agree!
My sister-in-law, Gina, painting...everything white, white white...
The front room 'before' (yes there was an obsession with tongue and groove horizontal wood. Why? I'll never know)
The front room 'after'
 More front room 'before'...
Front room 'after'...
I painted this bench with stripes of the paints used in the cottage. The bench can be used as a coffee table, stool, bench or side table.
The view to the kitchen from the front door 'before'...
The view to the kitchen from the front door 'after'....
The kitchen pantry wall 'before'...
The kitchen pantry wall 'after'...
The sink area 'before'...(the kitchen is getting a makeover in the fall, but for now, this works)
The sink area 'after'...
The view from one bedroom into the next...
A close up of the distressed walls. We painted all the wood work white (3 coats, thank you) then went to town with the sanders to achieve that beachy, weathered, drift wood look.
This is Gina and I getting ready to sand...Great working with you Gina, we make a good team!
This was our dinner, wine being the most important part!
 Here's our breakfast the next morning, ice coffee and ibuprofen (oh, those sore muscles!)
Happy Mother's Day Mom! I hope this entices you to spend more time up here in New England, we miss you!
Enjoy!
~Kris

7 comments:

  1. This is so wonderful! You and Gina (and Kids and Guys!) did so much work! Yes - it is Extreme Makeover! And I want to spend the summer there now! I love everything! So bright and clean and "beachy".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kris,
    WOW absolutely gorgeous.What a transformation.I know the kitchen has some more work you are going to do.But it all looks amazing.Love all the bright white on those wood walls.And the outside colors are beautiful seaside colors.
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. It came out soooo great!! LOVE the transformation ;) Great call painting all that wood white :) such a nice beachy feel ! ~Bre

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looooove all the white!!!! What a difference... The power of paint never ceases to amaze me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks fantastic, Kris! Know you wanted to do this for a long time. Great results!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! You have great vision, ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness what a transformation!! It looks so pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Drop me a line, I'd love to hear what you have to say!