Monday, November 21, 2011

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...


 I spent the weekend getting ready for 'black friday' at the Spaulding Cooperage....put together this old radio flyer wagon complete with a basket full of greens and some faux presents wrapped with beautiful ribbon....would look fabulous on a front porch!


Baskets filled with juniper, blue spruce, fir, scrub pine, holly and dried hydrangea blooms, some flocked, then a linen loose bow was added...


These old galvanized sap buckets have a hole on the back...they would look great lined up down a fence line or even a single one hanging on a door...they have a ribbon of upholstery webbing.


I made these hanging arrangements, two in mail baskets and one in a vintage leather briefcase...


My other project this weekend, was to make white Christmas stockings....about 30! I used an old cotton embossed coverlet and new white denim for the back. Each one is unique in pattern and size...but look fabulous together. I was going to embellish them with some vintage trim, but I think I like the simple white the best, and that way who ever buys them can embellish them any way they'd like to match their own decor. Some ideas....vintage pom pom or fringe trim, add a rhinestone pin, or just a manila parcel tag stamped with the owners name. A single one would also look great filled with greens on a door or on the post of a bed...so many options!! I love the versatility of these, cuz if you know me, I am always changing things up around my house! Ha ha! My poor family, but they're used to me and my redecorating addiction....



Lastly, just some close ups of the arrangements...I love the combination greens with flocking, hope you do too.











My studio and home is smelling so festive.
Enjoy!
~Kris

2 comments:

  1. Nicely done baskets! Did you really make 30 stockings!? Wow! Me...I have been neglecting my craft space. Its Thanksgiving prep 24/7 around here!! Gobble Gobble!

    ReplyDelete

Drop me a line, I'd love to hear what you have to say!