Saturday, June 11, 2011

A Wedding Shower!


So my little sister Katie is getting married this summer to a great guy, Jeff. Today was her shower. It was so much fun to see Katie with all of her long time friends, I am so happy for her! The shower was hosted by 3 great friends of the family that have known Katie since she was born, and everything was beautiful!

This is going to be one fun and memorable wedding!!!

(Katie and Me)



I was able to purchase wine glasses from her registry and have them shipped to her home in San Francisco, but I wanted to give her something to open here. This is what I came up with...



It's a vintage camera case that I embellished with cut out flowers of old dictionary paper, with buttons of the wedding colors for centers. I added the date of the wedding out of old bingo pieces and attached a French/English flashcard with the word ' to marry' and 'husband' and 'wife' on it.

Inside, I placed a set of my handmade coasters, numbered 1-12, and a great little decoupaged glass jar with the certificate for the wine glasses, all nestled in strips of antique sheet music. The case also had a little pocket that I put the Wedding March sheet music in along with an antique key that has a heart shape...oh so cute!

1 comment:

  1. Krissy, I just love how creative your gift was. The presentation was so FUN! Katie was just "beaming" all day. She will make a beautiful bride. And, I LOVED her vintage style dress she wore for the shower!!!!!!!!

    gina

    ReplyDelete

Drop me a line, I'd love to hear what you have to say!