Sunday, July 27, 2014

College Shopping

I know a lot of families are college shopping this summer, we are one of them.
It's unfair to ask a 16/17 year old what they want to do for the rest of their life-I don't even know what I want to do the rest of my life! Unless you have a true calling...you're left in this state of 'undecided'.
But that's ok, you don't have to know what you want to major in yet. Most people will change their major at least once, and most people will change careers at least once in their lifetime.
That's what's so great-you get to grow and figure out what is really important to you. I've always told my kids-find an activity that makes you happy, turn it into a career, become an expert in it and you'll never feel like you're 'working', and, oh yeah, the money will come.
 (I don't want them living at home forever!)






















I want them to take time to figure this out, I don't want them to get stuck in a job that they are miserable doing. Life is short, and you need to be happy. So what to do?
You visit lots of schools-big, small, city, country, public and private. There are endless choices! But after visiting a few, we've got a pretty good idea of where she would 'fit'. So now we are able to focus on that type of school. There's still a lot to do over the next 6-12 months, but we are heading in the right direction and I am so happy for her! I can not wait to watch her fly!

~Kris

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line, I'd love to hear what you have to say!