Friday, September 21, 2012

Projects for Upcoming Shows

Hi Everyone!

Yes, I am still here. Sorry I've been negligent of my blog, but you know how it is sometimes...So I'm getting ready for two upcoming shows. The first one is at Barn Loft (www.BarnLoft.blogspot.com) on Sept. 29 & 30 and the second is at Marketplace at Townsend Harbor on October 19, 20 & 21. I've been working on a buffet...
(still in progress, final pictures soon, I promise!)
....lots and lots of lavender sachets....
...and this cute trunk.
When I bought it, someone had spilled/dripped white paint on the top and down the side. First step was to sand that off.
Then I mixed up some paint. I used the Safe Paint from the Old Fashion Milk Paint Company (www.milkpaint.com). Why? Because it's VOC free, organically made, and made in the USA-literally right around the corner from me. Also, I love that I'm able to make my own colors by mixing the powered pigments myself.
So for this trunk, I wanted a grey-green color, not too dark. I combined equal parts of the Bayberry Green and Driftwood, with one quarter part Snow White. It looked dark in the bucket, but once I painted it on...
it had that grey-green that I was looking for...
After it dried, which is extremely fast, I sanded the edges and normal wear places.. 
 

 Ok, back to the buffet and the other waiting projects!
Happy Friday!!
~Kris

1 comment:

  1. Kris,
    Can't wait to see your finished furniture piece.Love those curves on it! I wish I could buy that locally too.No one around here sells it so I have to order it on-line.
    xx
    Anne

    ReplyDelete

Drop me a line, I'd love to hear what you have to say!