Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Dresser Makeover

Ever see dressers at yard sales that have nice lines, but the draws are past repairing??
Well don't pass them up! Here's what I did with one such case....
(sorry, I forgot to take a picture with the broken draws in it) You can see the pine green paint on some parts, but the rest of it had been stripped to raw wood. I was able to salvage the two small top draws, but the bigger ones were too far gone. So I had my hubby cut the stiles that supported those draws and cut me two boards to create a shelf on the bottom.
 Next step, prime and paint over the pine green color. What a difference just that alone made!
I decopaged the inside of the small draws, because one was painted yellow and the other was dark wood (why paint just one I wonder?)
I had picked up these knobs at World Market in SanFrancisco last summer. (They having a great selection of hardware at great prices!) They were just waiting for the right project.
Then off to the sewing room to make a linen curtain for the bottom opening.
(Baskets would be a nice option too)
And here it is! So much better!






I'd love to see this dresser used in a bathroom...just think of all the things it could store! Or it would look sweet as a changing table in a babys nursery, or in an entry way-hiding shoes behind the curtain...really, these could be used in many places.
So the moral of the story is...NEVER pass by a dresser with nice lines and broken draws!

Enjoy!
~Kris

PS- This piece will be for sale at Barn Loft this Saturday (see www.BarnLoft.blogspot.com for more details) Hope to see you there!

PPS- IT SOLD! And she is using it in her bathroom! Perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line, I'd love to hear what you have to say!