Saturday, February 11, 2012

Makin' Tags

I use a lot of tags for pricing and gifts, so I made a big batch so that I have them ready to go when the season gets busy again. Have you ever done this? A lot of people use tea, but I'm a coffee drinker, so I just use what is left after the morning jolt. Here's how easy it is....


1. Pick up a box of new, white tags at any office supply store and put a bunch in a mug or bowl of brewed coffee. (Mine was at room temperature)


2.  Let them soak for a short bit, I had these in for about 15 minutes.



3.  Lay them on a cooling rack to dry, separate them for faster drying. I put them outside in the sun as long as it's not windy...
...no fun running around trying to pick them up! ; )


They dry lighter then they look when they are wet, but they are no longer bright white. 


Into my vintage cookie jar they go, and they are ready when needed. This process also works for the manila tags. They come out with a darker, more aged look.


Hope you get to do some creating this weekend!

Enjoy!
~Kris

1 comment:

  1. Hey Kris....!

    Hope you're having a SPLENDID weekend Lovey....!

    Your tags look TERRIFIC.... I make a batch x 1000 large stained tags every couple of months....My Customers LOVE them....!

    Cheers,
    Tamarah :o)

    ReplyDelete

Drop me a line, I'd love to hear what you have to say!