Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Some 'Afters' for the sale

I've been very busy getting ready for this weekends upcoming sale at the Spaulding Cooperage! Here's a sample....



This table, when I found it, was dark and had only one side of it's drop leaf remaining. So, I took off that leaf, sanded the top down to it's original oak and painted the base french grey with a distressed finish. Waxed the entire piece....and oh-la-la...gorgeous...break out the smoked goat cheese, pears & wine!


 This little metal organizer, I picked up at Brimfield last July. Wonder what it's original purpose was?? I think it'll be great in someones craft studio holding all kinds of little things, or in a little market holding an assortment of candy....what else could you do with it?



Made a bunch of lavender sachets.....


And a cute little stool got a touch of french grey as well....


An old and sturdy mail tote. It has a wood bottom with the original #47 stenciled on it. I had to redo the numbers on the outside because they were a hideous bright orange! This would be great for storing firewood this winter next to a stove, don't ya think?


That's all you get to see for now....I have to get back to work so that the shop is full! Don't forget that there will be a tent out behind the shop that will be filled up with deals and bargains!
Hope to see you this weekend!

Enjoy!
~Kris

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line, I'd love to hear what you have to say!