Thursday, April 7, 2011

estate sale day!

So I went to the estate sale this morning...I found some great items and a 'joke' played on me....first the great stuff. My favorite item of the day has to be the vintage wood four draw file cabinet. It's painted an olive green and still has its original hardware. It weighs a ton!!!


My second place winner has got to be the vintage black metal magazine rack. I love anything metal, especially if it's black-just seems so 'french' to me...love it!

Not only do I love items that seem to have a european style to it, but I adore the vacation camp look-especially for summer. It evokes the nostalic-family, friends, outdoor activites, kick your feet up, days at the beach and nights by a fire with lots of laughs and some wine....ahhhhh...


Gardening supplies....that wire fencing will make a great memo board over a potting bench, just use vintage clothespins to hang seed packets, notes, some twine, etc.

And now my surprise item.....I picked up this long pillow because I wanted the down insert to make a great bed bolster,

Looks cute on my wicker loveseat, right? But I'm not a pink girl, so I was going to use a different fabric and have a great new pillow. Well when I opened the pink fabric, look what I found.......






A VINTAGE WOOL BLANKET! And not just one, but two! Haha on me! It was quite a surprise. I'll put the blankets away until Christmas time. As for the rest of it, I need to get cleaning it all and priced so that someone else can love them.

Enjoy!
Kris


.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line, I'd love to hear what you have to say!