Monday, March 21, 2011

spring....fresh, flowers, and finds




 This is the Spaulding Cooperage in Townsend, MA where I sell my items. My good friend Michelle of Brookline Street Studio (brooklinestreetstudio.blogspot.com) and I recently changed over our space with Spring, Easter and Garden.                                                            Handmade down pillows, antique crib turned daybed, vintage suitcases.....


narrow dresser lined with sheet music and labeled with numbered fabric tags.....black metal plant stand now a 'smalls' display case, a repainted dresser with antique hardware....

  



And here's my quince branches finally in bloom! They look like cherry blossoms.
Either way, they are a sure sign of spring.


Another sign of spring, our town's annual book sale to help raise funds for our local library. I always pick up vintage garden and travel books to resell, but I also pick up lots of paperbacks for summer reading. I do not have a Kindle or Nook. I really prefer the feel, the smell and the freedom of a book. To be at the beach and be able to just through my book down on the blanket when it's time for a swim. Some grains of sand in between the pages just remind me later of the happy day at the beach that I had. It just works for me. 


Here's some of the items I was able to gather at an estate sale and the flea market this past week. My favorite find?? The rusty film reels!!! I had to put them in our family room where we kick back and watch movies.


A cool birdhouse with a slate roof and green anagram letters! Fun!



Enjoy!
Kris



1 comment:

Drop me a line, I'd love to hear what you have to say!